SUNBURY ROAD UPGRADE
The Andrew’s Government is adding extra lanes on Sunbury Road between Powlett Street and Bulla-Diggers Rest Road, adding traffic lights, new walking and cycling connections and building a new bridge over Jacksons Creek.
As part of the Sunbury Road Upgrade, we are;
- adding an extra lane in each direction between Powlett Street and Bulla-Diggers Rest Road
- installing traffic lights to replace the roundabouts at Francis Boulevard and Lancefield Road
- installing traffic lights at 600 Sunbury Road
- upgrading the existing bridge and building a new bridge over the Jacksons Creek
- building new walking and cycling paths
- installing safety barriers along the road.
For further information visit https://roadprojects.vic.gov.au/projects/sunbury-road-upgrade
SUNBURY RAIL LINE UPGRADE
The $2.1 billion Sunbury Line Upgrade will enable more modern trains to run on the line.
A range of enhancements will be made to the Sunbury Line to take full advantage of the extra capacity created by the Metro Tunnel and for more modern trains to run.
The Sunbury Line Upgrade will see upgrades within the rail corridor extending from Sunbury to Footscray.
- power upgrades between Sunbury and the Metro Tunnel entrance near South Kensington station
- platform extensions extending from Sunbury to Footscray.
- installation of wheelchair boarding platforms at eight stations
- train stabling upgrades at Sunbury, Calder Park and Watergardens.
Sunbury Line Upgrade was funded in the Victorian Budget. Works began in 2019 and the project is scheduled for completion by the end of 2023.
For further information visit https://bigbuild.vic.gov.au/projects/sunbury-line-upgrade